From:
Eric Schena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:05:28 +0000
I don't know if this is of any assistance, however, I know one Nike site is
now on the property of Huntley Meadows Park in Fairfax Co. Some remnants of
the facility still survive at the northern end of the park near the
maintenance yard.  They are accessible from the S. Kings Highway/Telegraph
Rd. entrance, however, they are off trail and it is probably best to go to
the visitor's center (at the south entrance) to see if they know more about
them.

I used to go off trail all the time as a kid at the park (I used to live on
the park's border) and explore all over (even though I have not been there
in at least 10 years, the park has a soft spot in my heart).  In my
explorations and enquiries at the visitor's center, I remember at least two
buildings, an old gas pump and a few other remnants (some concrete
foundation course, etc.) - nothing of the actual missile silos that I can
recall.  If any archaeological surveys have been done on the park, the
visitor's center may have those.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Eric Schena