From:
Tom Duda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:18:45 -0500
VA-HIST Digest - 30 Mar 2001 to 1 Apr 2001 (#2001-47)Hello.

Lyle makes a number of good points about VA cemetery laws. The real question is how much of VA code has been tested in court? A law without a court test is moot and there are quite a few clauses in the sections that were quoted.

It isn't what the Virginia legislature intended but how the courts interpret what the legislature wrote that matters. Personally, I'm in favor of never touching a person's final resting place for any reason and I wonder if the courts agree with my feelings on the subject.

Tom Duda