From:
Joe Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:54:29 -0800
There is a ton of evidence that the first Africans
that arrived at Jamestowne in 1619 were traded as
indentured servants (a distinction I am sure was lost
on them).  Ira Berlin in Many Thousands Gone does an
excellent job explaining the system.

I have added a
link:http://www.apva.org/history/index.html

If you wanted achival proof, you should be able to
look up the ships manifest and see how the Africans
were sold/traded.

I hope that helps

Joe Hunter