From:
charles ortel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 03:51:49 -0800
Thank you for these suggestions...which I shall get
and study.

I am hoping that someone may have tackled the period
1649 through 1689 and addressed not only the evolution
of legal trade between Virginia and England, but the
illicit trade among Massachusetts, Virginia, North
Carolina, the West Indies, Ireland, other European
ports and Africa.

Best wishes for the New Year and thanks again.

C.

--- James Brothers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The following while dealing with later periods might
> be of interest.
> Bergstrom was looking at trade in general. Ince and
> King were
> concerned with the iron industry. King found that a
> large amount of
> iron used by English forges was produced in the
> American colonies.
>
> Bergstrom, Peter V.
>         1980    Markets and Merchants: Economic
> Diversification in Colonial
> Virginia, 1700-1775.  University Microfilms
> International, Ann Arbor
> and London.
>
> Ince, Laurence
>         1991    The Knight Family and the British
> Iron Industry.  Merton Priory
> Press, Merton.
> King, Peter W.
>         2003    The Iron Trade in England and Wales
> 1500-1815: the Charcoal
> Iron Industry and its Transition to Coke.
> Unpublished Dissertation
> submitted to Wolverhampton University.
>
> Schumpeter, Elizabeth Boody
>         1960    English Overseas Trade Statistics
> 1697-1808.  The Clarendon
> Press, Oxford.
>

> To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please
> see the instructions

Charles K. Ortel
Millbrook, N.Y. 12545