From:
Paul Finkelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:00:26 -0700
By every measure of judicial activism, and this has been done by political scientists who are in effect only looking at outcomes -- not substance -- the most "activist" justices on the Court in the last 50s years have been Scalia and Thomas, followed by Rehnquist. They have voted to overturn more federal and state legislation than any other justices.

When people complain about "activist" judges, is this what they have in mind?

----

Paul Finkelman

President William McKinley Distinguished Professor of Law

Albany Law School

80 New Scotland Avenue

Albany, NY  12208

518-445-3386 (p)