From:
James Hershman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:57:10 -0500
The records are a great resource for African American and Virginia history.
Emma Edmunds was the key link between Danville and Charlottesville. She
should get credit for her part. The records also offer insight into the
depth of support in Danville's black community for the 1963 demonstrations.
We are managing to save some of these resources but we've got to keep at it
or they will be lost.

Jim Hershman