From:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:00:34 -0500
Thank you, Clara. I too am a proud, un-hyphenated, adjective-free American
with Virginia ancestors who came to this continent from Europe.

The root is that we, you and I, are Americans. Not black, not white, not
African-, not European-Americans, we are Americans. I was born in this great
country, am proud of it, and proud to be called an American. I would like to
think that all people born in the United States of America feel this way.
Sadly, there are many, many people that do not.

I don't have a clue what the politically correct term is for "white folks."
I do know that, in more than a few parts of our country, the term "black
folks" falls into a gray area of what is or is not acceptable and may be
considered racist. In 2007, is one term more acceptable than the other? To
me its not. If one is unacceptable, then both are unacceptable. If one is
acceptable, then both are acceptable.

Tom
Eastern Shore & More Forum
http://www.easternshoremore.com/forum/