From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:33:05 -0400
Sorry, but Tennessee was included in the original charter for Virginia
so, yes, Tennessee as part of VA would be the claim on both by that
charter. Virginians always view what original territory folks did
later with a certain amount of paternalistic pride. The Southern Cult
of Ancestor Worship being the dominant religion, after
Whiskeypalianism. Another reason why VA will never go with the metric
system. Somehow, wherever you find Four Episcopalians, you find a
liter doesn't work as well as a fifth.

Lyle Browning