From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:06:51 -0400
Mr. Seagrave:

Thank you kindly.  I have not only the web site showing emigrants and
emancipators,  but the actual copies from the *African Repository*
listing them and other articles about their journey and the ship
*Elvira Owen*.  These are housed at the Library of Virginia, Special
Collections.

The whole impetus for this article came from doing the abstracts of
Lancaster County Estates from 1835-1865.  That was partially funded
by the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities, who put me in touch
with Marie Tyler-McGraw, author of "An African Republic" and who,
with others,  is kindly assisting me with the nagging details like
the ones I asked about.

My issue now is in just one small footnote about the Secessionist
Convention and John R. Kilby's role in it.

I do thank you for your reply.

Craig Kilby