From:
"Finkelman, Paul <[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 02:48:28 +0000
What are u taking about?  Scott won a jury verdict in St. Louis, Mo. Based on 28 years of Missouri precedents.  The newly elected state supreme court -- dominated by two fiercely proslavery justices reversed that verdict.  The case was then taken to the US circuit court where the Virginia born slaveholding federal judge charged the jury to find against Scott.  The US Supreme Court with 5 slaveholders upheld that result.  And that court met in DC, where slavery was legal.  So, Mr Adams, what are you talking about when you say the case was in a free state?

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless