From:
Bill Welsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2015 14:27:39 -0400
Major General Charles Lee Captured ... in a Tavern! ... in New Jersey! ... in his Bathrobe!

Come and hear author Christian M. McBurney tell the story at the next meeting of the American Revolution Round Table of Richmond on Wednesday, May 20.  Christian is an officer of the DC ARRT and author of Kidnapping the Enemy: The Special Operations to Capture Generals Charles Lee and Richard Prescott, as well as two other wonderful books on the revolution.  Please join us at the University of Richmond for dinner at 5 PM, followed by the meeting at 6 PM.  Details and maps are here. http://arrt-richmond.blogspot.com/p/2013-meeting-schedule.html  Note this is our earlier summer schedule, with the meeting beginning at 6 PM.

Please be prepared to nominate your Preservation Partner for 2015, as we’ll finalize nominations in preparation for our on-line vote.  It would be helpful if you have some detailed information about your suggestion ready to share with the members.

There’s still time to register for the May 28 Green Spring and Yorktown tour sponsored by our corporate partner America’s History, LLC.  Details are here http://americashistoryllc.com/2015/victory-at-yorktown-may-28-2015/.  This tour is being offered in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Company of Military Historians, to be held in Richmond.  You need not be a member nor attend the conference to join the tour.  Ed Lengel, Bruce Venter, and I will be your guides.

See you on May 20.  Visitors and friends are most welcome.

Bill Welsch