From:
Ed Truslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 14:33:38 -0500
The Committees of Correspondence were certainly active in 1773 for inter-colonial cooperation purposes.  I have a copy of a letter written by my ancestor Metcalf Bowler of the Rhode Island General Assembly to a Thomas Cushing of Boston on May 15, 1773.  The text of the letter mentions Bowler's receipt of resolutions passed by the Virginia House of Burgesses on March 12, 1773.  That and some other letter originals are held by the Massachusetts Historical Society.

Edward Truslow
Williamsburg, VA 23188