Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:48:13 -0600
Hello Eve,

I plan to be in VA for a couple of weeks from the end of April through the
1st week in May (or thereabouts) and would like to visit some ancestral
lands....for instance, the lands of Clement Hancock d 1758 in the part of
Surry Co Va that became Sussex Co...Hunting Quarter Swamp. I have the USGS
map (from their internet site) that has the general area, but would like to
pin-point it further.

I would also like to find the land of John Wright II (1707-1792; h/o
Elizabeth Bronaugh) who died at his plantation called Pine View. I've been
told that part of his land is on the US Marine Station at Quantico VA. I've
also been told that the Battle of Manassas was fought on his land.

I have never been able to "navigate" the LVA website. Can you give me some
idiot proof instructions for finding this info there ?

Thanks...malinda jones