Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:31:04 -0400
The best historical treatment is Legal Education in Virginia 1779-1979, W.
Hamilton Bryson, University Press of Virginia. You might also try the
Virginia Bar Association (different from the Va. State Bar) which was
organized in 1888.

Richard E. Dixon
Editor, Jefferson Notes
Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society