From:
Katharine Harbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:11:20 -0400
Have been reading all these diverse and insightful comments with
interest.  This is what make this listing so unique...

Didn't Russia practice slavery in the Caucasus region, which was ended
by the Czar in the 1860s or 1870s (after seeing the events back in
America)?  Wasn't slavery also stopped by Islamists in Central Asia in
the 1870s?  What are the best sources for this particular topic?

As for immoral stances (besides slavery), there are other examples.
Right now, we have our tobacco industry promoting cigarettes overseas
while we receive the opposite message in this country.  Ah, so much for
human nature...