From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:59:27 -0500

I'm not sure which Fairfax County Map was being referred to in the
discussion but if you contact me directly I will try to figure it out
for you. All the major maps of Fairfax County are in the "Cartography of
Northern Virginia: Facsimile reproductions of maps dating from 1608 to
1915" by Richard W. Stephenson. Copies are available in many area
libraries and it is still available from the Fairfax County Office of
Maps and Publications for $20.

Purchasing Information from
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/histcomm/book.htm

  All of the publications listed here may be purchased at the Fairfax
County Government Center in Fairfax, Virginia, weekdays during normal
business hours. The Maps & Publications Center's address is: 12000
Government Center Parkway, Suite 156, Fairfax, Virginia 22035-0009.
Orders also may be submitted by mail (enclosing check or money order
made payable to COUNTY OF FAIRFAX) or by telephoning (703) 324-2974
(credit card payment only). No FAX orders. There is an additional charge
for shipping. Virginia residents: please remember to add 5% VA sales tax
to the price of each book you order. The books also are available for
loan through the Fairfax County Public Library (FCPL). Check for
location and availability through their on-line catalog.

In addition Beth Mitchell's 1760 map of Fairfax County is out of print
but we are in the process of getting it reprinted.

Suzanne Levy
Virginia Room Librarian
City of Fairfax Regional Library
10360 North Street