From:
Walter Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:18:20 -0400
For those of you who can withstand a provocative, reasoned challenge to your
beliefs (whatever persuasion they may be) about War, Peace, and the Military
Arm of Foreign Policy, I invite your attention to the work of Paul Seabury,
Professor of Political Science, University of California, Berkeley and
Angelo Codevilla, Senior Research Fellow at the Hoover Institution,
Stanford, California: entitled "War - Ends & Means", 1989, ISBN
0-465-09067-2 (cloth); ISBN 0-465-09068-0 (paper) - (hardly hotbeds of right
wing, warmongering).

On the its first page of the "Foreword", you'll find this: "War is
essentially a clash of purposes; only incidentally does it become a clash of
arms."