From:
Daniel Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:14:45 -0400
This group might find Jonathan Haidt's work on moral decision-making
interesting . . . both in this context . . . and in terms of the work
of historians in general.

NB his article, "The Emotional Dog and its Rational Tail:. A Social
Intuitionist Approach to Moral Judgment. Jonathan Haidt. University of
Virginia. October 31, 2000 . . . at
faculty.virginia.edu/haidtlab/ articles/
haidt.emotionaldog.manuscript.pdf

He may be wrong (though my . . . my he forgive me . . . my knee-jerk
reaction is that he isn't)

For me, at least, his research has generated some serious
introspection . . . and some very interesting conversations among
friends interesting in the writing of history and friends who make
their livings in . . . shall we say the ethics business . . .
religious and otherwise.

I'd be very interested in the group's reactions to this . . . so . . .
if you think it inappropriate for our on-line discussion . . . please
feel free to email me directily!

Best to all

Dan Morrow
Middleburg.