From:
Alexander Pyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:45:15 -0700
Netti,

The article is:

Jackson Turner Main.  "The One Hundred."  William and Mary Quarterly 3rd
series, 11 (1954), 354-84.

alex :-)

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Netti Schreiner-Yantis wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> A few years ago someone told me of an article which had been written for one of Virginia's scholarly
> journals which told the names of the one hundred richest men in Virginia at a particular period of
> time.  The author--I think--was either Turner ______  or _______ Turner.  Can anyone tell me the
> author's full name and in which journal it appeared?   And maybe, the approximate year it was
> published?    I would be very grateful.
>
> Netti Schreiner-Yantis

Alexander Pyle                "The historian's task is to understand the
[log in to unmask]     behavior of people in the past, and to
MA Student, History            convey that understanding to the present."
Colorado State                      -- Bernard Bachrach