From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:27:46 -0500
I recall reading that the cross itself wasn't a fixture of the chapel
till relatively recently. I'm not sure where I stand on this. A
chapel is a chapel, isn't it? It's not a temple or an ashram. So why
the harm in a cross, and remove it for non-Christian functions. Sure,
nobody wants to offend non-Christians, but in the process let's not
offend Christians, either.  What I find tiresome is someone new to a
position, and they don't want to ask around, they don't want to get
the lay of the land [so to speak], no, the first thing they want to
do is make their mark on their new environs, stamp it with their
attitudes and beliefs. It happens a lot. I believe you are hired to
run "Such and So Institution", not to promulgate Mr. So and So's
beliefs.

my 2 cents,

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone