From:
charles ortel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:50:23 -0800
According to The Yorkshire Archaeological Journal,
volume XII (1893), p. 465, Christopher Wormeley I was
buried in St. Mary’s Church, Lowgate, Hull on 27 July
1588 . This would seem to square with the proving date
for his will in August 1589.

His son, Christopher Wormeley II was baptized there on
15 March 1588/1589. I believe this information is
pretty solid but look forward to checking it myself as
the Parish Records for St. Mary Lowgate are readily
accessible through A2A.

My suspicion is that CWII was the man who served as
Governor of Tortuga and then was in Virginia though he
also maintained property in England. I am currently
summarizing the many records I have found relating to
CWII in England, Tortuga and Virginia. I suspect that
CWII died outside Virginia and possibly even outside
England.

It is CWII who married Mary Adams. Following his
death, she re-married to Captain William Brocas who
seems to have died by 1655. Brocas hails from an
interesting family (I just today purchased a book by
Burrows published in 1886 concerning the English and
French origins of the Brocas family). I am not sure
when Mary Adams Wormeley Borcas may have died but I
believe Brocas  was also married to Eleanor Eltonhead.

My belief remains that CWII sired Ralph before
marrying Mary Adams (before 1619) and probably after
1609 (when he turned 20 and most likely had finished
whatever apprenticeship he may have pursued). If Ralph
was born in this window, he would have been of
appropriate age to have then married Agatha Eltonhead
in July 1645.

I believe Borthwick is a rich source of information
concerning this and related topics.

More later and kind regards.

C.

Charles K. Ortel