From:
"Wilson, Donald L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:19:17 +0000
If you have access to the annual _Report of the Secretary of the Commonwealth_ for any year that you need, that should give you your answer.   Our collection of those Reports, unfortunately, does not go past 1972.   For example, the 1956-57 Report, p. 178, gives a lists of all the officials of the City of Hampton, including Superintendent of Schools, C. A. Lindsay.

I see that Hampton University's Harvey Library has editions of the _Report_ for 1975-76 and 1980-81.

Donald L. Wilson, Virginiana Librarian

The Ruth E. Lloyd Information Center

for Genealogy and Local History (RELIC)

Prince William Public Library System

Bull Run Regional Library

8051 Ashton Avenue, Manassas, VA 20109-2892

703-792-4540

www.pwcgov.org/library/RELIC