Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 20:25:20 -0600
Others may have more pertinent info but following is something I had fun
researching and writing about several years ago.  Scroll down halfway to
view highly interesting info (to me) concerning the colonial monetary
system, according to Boyd Crumrine, a noted history author of the late
1800's in Southwestern Pennsylvania:

http://www.mcn.org/2/noel/Westmoreland/McDonaldTaxLists.htm

Regards,
Neil McDonald