From:
Paul Finkelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 21:57:23 -0500
Dear Dr. Day

I think this is not always the case; sometimes you are responding to a
question or comment and without the question or comment, just  the
answer, the answer makes no sense.  My server (Netscape) gives me the
"newest" answer first, so I do not have to scroll down and find the
newest response; it is right there on top, just as my response to you is
right on top.

My problem is the opposite of yours.  Someone posts a question, say:
Who did John Rolfe marry?

Without including that posting in the answer, just the statement
Mataoka or Pocahontas.  This means nothing to any of us.  But if the
question is there, then the answer has meaning.

Sometimes these get out of hand, when you have ten or twelve responses
as part of long thread.  So, perhaps what we need is posters to think
about what they are sending, and delete what is unnessary, rather than
delete all previous posts.

I have left your posting on this, so if someone missed yours, that
person will know what we are tlaking about.

Paul Finkelman

--
Paul Finkelman
Chapman Distinguished Professor of Law