From:
Richard Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:07:55 -0400
The history of the 116th Inf Reg, "The Stonewall Brigade," is on this site
:  http://www.staunton.com/116th/History.html
Company A was from Bedford

Richard E. Dixon
Clifton, VA 20124-2115
703-830-8177
fax 703-691-0978

US Army which maintains unit-histories/heritage of units?  I believe that
this focus on unit heritage has not been a very big deal in the US, as
contrasted with Canada and the UK.

> In any case, I am particularly interested in finding out if there is any
'string' connecting the 28th Virginia Regiment of the Civil War and Co. A
of the 116th Infantry VaNG from Bedford at the beginning of WWII.  I
understand that both units drew from men in the Bedford area.