From:
Ray Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 05:36:48 -0500
(BTW, the link was scrambled by the email system at the bottom of your reply:?? it should be
http://www.mitsawokett.com/MilitaryService/CW%20Pension%20File%20Images/CW_Pension_Files.htm )

<<<Can you tell me your
resolution level? I assume as low as possible to make it possible to
capture the maximum number of images. Is it just enough to read on
screen, but enough to print a clear image?>>>
?

The settings on this camera are:? image quality FINE, image size PC, CLOSEUP, FLASH OFF.? The resolution setting FINE images 1024 x 768 pixels or print size 14.2 x 10.7 inches (about 2000 images on a 1 gig SD card).? The size allows me to magnify any image without deteriorating image quality should details be too small when viewed on a PC.

Beginning with 4 fully charged batteries & recharging as each died worked will for the 6-7 hours of shooting I was doing each day.?

I carry 2 of the 1 gig cards with me.? 2 gig cards are now available for about ~$50.? But you can count on this: As soon as you buy one, a larger capacity card will become available and the price of the older cards will go down.?

Each pension file image filled the LCD screen in focus in the closeup mode.? What you see on the web page has not been altered (excepting the auto brightness/contrast manipulation).

The photos have not been taken with the intent to print them.? Rather, they are read on a PC and have been transcribed by 3 other researchers, especially John C. Carter.? Here is one of his transcriptions:

http://www.mitsawokett.com/MilitaryService/William_H_GOULD.htm

 We have concentrated on Eastern Shore Maryland and all of Delaware and some southern New Jersey in our Native American (or FCP)? research.? We should be doing Eastern Shore Virginia also, ala Paul Heinegg, but have not yet been able to free up enough time to do so.?

Ray