From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:47:04 -0500
I am trying to run down information on what happened to the land that was used for NIKE missile sites (and antiaircraft gun sites) around military and public facilites in the 1950's in Virginia.  I have pinnned down a couple of missile sites in Fairfax County which helped protect Washington DC from the Great Evil Empire,  but I suspect there must also have been some around Norfolk.

I know there was an excellent article in THE VIRGINIA CAVALCADE a few years before its demise on sites in Fairfax county, but has anybody written a thesis or book on what that land is used for now, and the process by which the Federal Government 'disposed' of it?

Randy Cabell
Boyce, Virginia