From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:47:03 -0400
From: Brian McKnight [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:09 PM
To: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia history
Subject: RE: Old Schools in Southwestern VA

Harriet,

Several members of the Big Stone Gap community are trying to secure
funding for a museum/display of the schools in Wise County, VA.
Although I don't know many details, I urge you to contact the June
Tolliver House in BSG or Garnet Gilliam (he should be in the BSG phone
book).  Although they are exclusively interested in Wise County, those
folks may be able to put you in contact with others who share your
interest.

Good Luck,
Brian

Brian D. McKnight
Department of History and Philosophy
The University of Virginia's College at Wise