From:
Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:15:45 -0700
Clara, For one reason, their age
----- Original Message -----
From: "Clara Callahan" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 3:09 AM
Subject: Re: [VA-HIST] Native American Culture

> If you're trying to get children to read and learn, why on earth would you
> run the risk of losing credibility by teaching them something that is 10%
> inaccurate?  Why not 20% or even 50%?  I would think that the goal should
> be to get it right, not just get it published.  Perfect example is
> Eckert's description of how Blue Jacket killed his white brother in
> battle.  That inaccuracy has tainted ALL of his work.

Clara,
Some reasons could be the ages of the children and their comprehension
level. AND seems to me,  you might be forgetting for a moment that all races
have some brutality against other ethnic groups and their own ethnic group
in their history. Those same Europeans who were being killed by these
"savages" were the ones who brought slavey to American. Who fought and
killed their country men in the name of independence. Who killed each other
for supposedly practicing witchcraft. Who and what determines who was more
brutal and savage?

Linda,