From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:12:46 -0400
As for it being unlikely a place was named after a brothel, I'm not sure that
is true.  There are places in Virginia (and elsewhere) that had names that were
so "objectionable" that VDOT and other agencies changed them.  Mentioning some
of the names would probably get me expelled from the list.  My experience (VA,
TX, and PA) is that such names are particularly prevalent in areas settled by
Germans.