From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:06:35 -0400
I am searching for Lyle Browning who did some research on canals in Virginia. The Cumberland-Times News has an interesting article about several C & O canal boats that were unearthed in Cumberland, MD. I have a copy of the story in jpeg format and would be willing to send it to anyone who is interested in reading it.

For some unknown reason the state of Maryland is requiring that the canal boat be reburied. The story doesn't tell why. The people involved in the digging are hoping someone will come forward to take the boats.

If you know of anyone who is not on the listserv but would be interested in receiving this information please tell them to contact me.

Please send me your e-mail address if you would like a copy of this story. The Cumberland-Times News is online at www.times-news.com

Lonny J. Watro