From:
Jeff Southmayd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:57:18 -0500
As you are undoubtedly aware, Dred Scott was the law of the land (United States) at that point and the Fugitive Slave Law in full effect.  Slaves were chattel property and from a legal standpoint returning them to their owners was little more than returning a stray horse or cow to its owner, and in fact required under the statute of federal marshalls.

I think some may need to take a couple PC nuetralizing pills when discussing slavery during this period in our history to try to get to some level of objectivity.

SOUTHMAYD & MILLER
4 OCEAN RIDGE BOULEVARD SOUTH
PALM COAST, FLORIDA 32137
386.445.9156
888.557.3686 FAX

THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE SHOWN ABOVE. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE DO NOT READ, COPY, OR USE IT, AND DO NOT DISCLOSE IT TO OTHERS. PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER OF THE DELIVERY ERROR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE AND THEN DELETE IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU.