From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:05:58 -0800
You're probably aware of Johnny Cash.  He married June  Carter, one of the Carter family daughters.  This Carter family was instrumental (ooh, there's an unintended pun) in bringing their version of Scotch-Irish mountain music --otherwise known as Blue Grass-- to the world's attention.

  Joanne

Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I've never heard of the Carter family, or perhaps I need to know some of
their tunes to recognize them.

May I suggest Bo Jangles Robinson for his contributions to the arts.

Anne
Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.erols.com/apembert