From:
Melinda Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:08:47 +0000
Not quite accurate.  Africans were enslaving other Africans-- and continued to do so--
not solely to sell/trade/barter to Europeans.  While none of this makes any difference as to culpability
and the essential evil of slavery, there is no sense in trying to make one group all good or all bad.
We should be able to get beyond that.

--
Melinda C. P. Skinner
Richmond, VA