Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:56:26 -0500
On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Langdon wrote:

> Slavery was not just a job.

Didn't say it was.  I merely meant that those who cannot understand why
emancipated slaves would stay on their former master's property could use
the analogy of people today who stay in uncomfortable situations simply
because these situations are at least familiar.  I was agreeing with and
elaborating on what the original poster poster wrote: "better to be taken
care of ... than have to face the uncertainties of the cruel world."  I
could have used the analogy of abused women staying with their abusers,
save that I thought the job situation would be more universal.

Human nature is human nature.

Mario Rups