From:
"COUNTRY.GARDENS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:15:49 -0500
Please explain to me what was the psychology that motivated so many
Southerners who did not and never had owned a single slave to "give their
all", as well as their lives, fighting for the continuation of slavery.
Please don't say that it was because they were thinking and hoping and
praying that someday, THEY TOO, might be lucky enough to own a
slave......what with this being the Land of Opportunity and all!
By the way, what was the percentage of Southern soldiers who did own slaves?
What was the percentage of Southern soldiers that did not own them?
Miz Gardens