Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:41:34 -0400
Is this going to be recorded and placed online anywhere?
Thanks much,
Karen Needles

On March 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM "Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Spring Symposium 2012
> Archaeology of the Civil War
> James Lee Center, Monroe Gymnasium, 2855 Annandale Road, Falls Church,
> Virginia 22042
> Saturday, March 31, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
> FREE ADMISSION (seating limited to 200)
> Sponsored by: Friends of Fairfax County Archaeology (FOFA)
> and Cultural Resources Management and Protection Branch, FCPA
>
> Speakers include:
>
> Dr. Stephen R. Potter, National Park Service, National Capital Region,
> Regional Archaeologist
> Antietam and the Archaeology of Tactics
> Dr. Matthew Reeves, Montpelier Foundation, Director of Archaeology
> Home is where the Woods Are: An Analysis of a Civil War Camp Complex at
> James Madison's Montpelier, Orange County, Virginia
> Dr. Bernard K. Means, Virginia Commonwealth University,
> Virtual Creation Laboratory, Director
> Virtual Archaeology and the Realities of War: Creating 3D Digital Models of
> Civil War Artifacts
> Showing of Gunston Hall's Seeds of Independence 2012 Short Film
> Between the Lines: Free Blacks Living on Mason's Neck during the Civil War
> Wally Owen, Fort Ward Museum & Historic Site, Assistant Museum Director
> Alexandria's Crimean Ovens
> Kerri Holland, John Milner Associates, Inc., Assistant Archaeologist
> 4th Month, No Money . . . No Rations . . . No Pants . . . No Patriotism:
> Metal Detector Investigations at the Blenheim Estate in Fairfax City
> Kerry Gonzalez, Dovetail Cultural Resource Group, Lab Director
> "A Scene of Horror Such as I Never Saw": A Look at the Great Fredericksburg
> Region during the Civil War
> Joseph F. Balicki, John Milner Associates, Inc., Associate Director
> and Dr. Liz Crowell, Fairfax County Park Authority, CRMPB, Branch Manager
> Fortifying, Fighting, and Foraging: The American Civil War in Fairfax County,
> Virg

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is
doing it."   Karen Needles

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than
any other one thing."
Abraham Lincoln to Isham Reavis, Nov. 5, 1855
Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln. Volume 2, p. 328