From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 22:32:29 GMT
What if they do have black blood (whatever that means)? My understanding is that humans migrated out of Africa, so there are varying strains of "Black Blood" in all of us. By the way blood is not black, it is blue until the air hits it, and then it turns red.

Anita

-- Laura Fortune <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have just read an article in the Arcade@Home that claims that Thomas
Jefferson was our first president with black blood.  Do any of the
historians on this list have any information on this allegation?  The artcle
also states that Andrew Jackson was the son of an Irish  wonan who married a
black man, that Abraham Lincoln was the illegitimate son of an African man
and allegedly an Ethiopian woman, that Warren Hardng had black ancestors on
both sets of parents, and that Calvin Coolidge claimed his mother was dark
because of mixed Indian ancestry.  I have never heard of any of these
before.  Is there any truth here?

Laura Catherine