From:
John Hopewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:49:26 -0400
A quick check of the Library of Virginia Web site provided 16 hits on
Harry F. Byrd as the subject of a variety of articles and books. The
most thorough biography is Ronald L. Heinemann's _Harry F. Byrd of
Virginia_ published in 1996 by University Press of Virginia. The book is
a culmination of about 30 years of research and writing on the subject
by Professor Heinemann of Hampden-Sydney College History faculty. A
google search for an historical figure, as you discovered, is virtually
useless. There is no Royal Road to history....
John Hopewell, Richmond, VA