From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:06:46 -0800
Thanks to lots of help,  I found a list of 260 prisoners returned to Col. Bouquet in
  Russel H. Booth's,"The Tuscarawas Valley in Indian Days 1750-1797: Original Journals and Old Maps"  There's a copy for sale at amazon.com. Dr. Booth gives as his source, Ewing, Wm. S., "Indian Captives Released by Col.Bouquet", The Western Pennsylvainia Historical Magazine, V.39 (1956) pp 199-202.  He (Booth) says the article provides personal information about some of the prisoners.

  The link Marsha sent may not be active, but can be access at:

  http://web.archive.org/web/20000603112129/www.rootsweb.com/~indian/bouquet.htm

  Scroll down and you'll find two pages re. the released prisoners, the first of which may include the same names as in Booth's book.

  Thanks so much for all the help. A reminder:  I'm still looking for names of the Virginia Independents  who joined Bouquet's men in the rescue.

  Joanne Kartak

marsha moses <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Joanne, I thought of one more thing.....A couple of years ago, several
researchers with whom I have chatted about the 1763 event agreed to join:

So that when we chatted the messages would be archived and also that the
messages would reach a larger audience. We haven't chatted in a
while....but you might look back in the archives to see if there is
anything helpful there. It is a very quiet list, so searching the
archives should not be a huge job. I can't tell you how much we talked
about Col Bouquet and etc....but I am thinking that the website that I
sent you to use on the "way back machine" was from discussion on that
mail list...and as I said prod me after the holidays and I'll pull out
some of my files and piles. Marsha