From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:52:05 -0800
You are incorrect. My ancestors resided in Wicomico Parish in Northumberland
County Virginia, and were members of the Episcopalian Church (in 1710).
Christ Church Parish in Lancaster County Virginia, dates back to the same
time period.

One of my ancestors, Robert Pinn, was taken up by Church Wardens for
absenting himself from Church (in 1738). The church he belonged to was
Wicomico Parish, part of the Episcopalian Church. Why would the Church
Wardens have power to arrest and detain a parishioner for not attending
church? He was jailed and fined by the Church Wardens (hello).

Anita

AMAZON.COM PURCHASE SITE - NOTES AND DOCUMENTS OF FREE PERSONS OF COLOR :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1411603338/qid=1097778584/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8775456-1855815?v=glance&s=books

BOWDENS' OF POPES CREEK WEBSITE:
http://www.orgsites.com/ca/mpbwdnfnd/index.html

"The ruin of a nation begins in the homes of its
people" African Proverb.