From:
"Huffstutler, Eric S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:42:01 -0400
He was fairly wealthy but what is a bit puzzling is that he served two
regiments and both listed as a private.  One would think if he was
promoted that his going from one regiment to another would reflect that?

I had heard that people were promoted after the war in local militias
which I am thinking is where he became Capt.?  Is there any way of
finding out?

Eric