From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:34:19 -0400
Henry,

Your defense of the "fine work" and "rock-solidness" of Jon Kukla book
may be justified, however do you agree with his TJ/Sally
statements........if so, then I will be eager to read your book as well.
I want to know where historians get such unproven material. I don't know
how you could state that your clarification of an earlier misstatement
by someone was misused........I congratulate you for being so observant.

Herb Barger

I do not wish to prolong this discussion but I will say quickly that
nothing in my note diminishes the fine work Jon Kukla did in
"Jefferson's Women." His research is rock-solid. I wrote to rectify a
misstatement that appeared on this list. I was afraid that my post
would be misused, and it has been.

Henry Wiencek