From:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:09:26 -0400
Barbara Vines Little sent me a correction, which I am glad to have. I was
writing in haste and did not mention that Daniel Parke Custis died
intestate, and I used "entailed" loosely and incorrectly. Those interested
in the fine details can refer to my book and to the relevant volumes in "The
Papers of George Washington," which have lengthy, excellent discussions of
the legal points of the wills of DPC and GW.

Henry Wiencek