From:
Bruce Terrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 10:25:16 -0400
I believe that the Hampton Roads Naval Museum at Nauticus in Norfolk has a collection
pertaining to
the 1907 Jamestown Exposition.  The Exposition grounds served as the foundation of the
Norfolk
seaplane base and later naval base at Sewell's Point.  I briefly served as archaeologist and
ass't. curator
there in the 1980s when the museum was located in the Pennsylvania building.  All of the
buildings on
todays "Admiral's Row" were Exposition buildings.
Bruce Terrell