From:
"Wilmer L. Kerns" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:24:07 -0400
Randy,

The Kerns House on Main Street, Romney, Hampshire County, was built by
Hessian soldiers. It is brick, Federal style architecture, with 5
hand-carved fireplaces. The rafters are hand-hewn logs of red and white oak.
John T. Kern bought the house in 1833 from Abraham and Elizabeth Van Meter,
who bought it from Isaac and Rebecca Van Meter. The American Legion bought
it in 1945 and still owns and occupies the house.

Wilmer L. kerns