From:
Tom Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:41:55 -0400
Henry (I feel these many months of lurking and watching you post gives
me that license),

Some of my work had me touch on the Hairstons in Stokes County
recently.  The family still owns land up there and one ancient tract has
a two mile long stretch of wonderfully preserved roadbed on it.  This is
likely to have been a segment of the "Carolina Road".  Though this land
only became associated with the Hairstons in the past hundred or so
years, it is an extension of their considerable presence on the border.

Here's a link to some of the photos taken the day we mapped the old
road. ( http://www.tradingpath.org/gallery/main.php)

The current steward for this old plantation (house deteriorated but
standing) is:
Samuel Hairston
PO Box 694
Chatham, VA  24531