From:
"Sackett, Pamela J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:32:45 -0500
This is all well and good, but folks should know that there is a backlog
when records are to be microfilmed.  From the time between when they are
taken from the county and actually microfilmed, they are inaccessible to
the public.

On average, how long does it take for the records to be microfilmed?

Also copies of the microfilm should be GIVEN to the various Virginia
rooms in local libraries.  Their budgets are getting slashed, too.

The plus side of this is that libraries generally have better hours for
working folks than county archives.

But on the whole, I still prefer looking at originals which is far more
accurate than microfilm.

Pamela Myer Sackett
Brentsville, VA