Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:37:09 -0600
Anita, I must say I am surprised at your reaction.  I was not looking for
glamour in history, why do you even make such a statement -- I was simply
offering a correction to your misleading statement that "...there were not a
lot of English and Irish marriages in Colonial America."  I also do not
understand the harshness of your response.  I pulled two history texts off
the shelf because they were handy: Scotch-Irish by Leyburn and Albion's Seed
by Fischer.  Both speak of the common values and beliefs of the lowland
Scots (who emigrated to Ulster Ireland) and Scots and English borderland
people and how their subsequent settlement in common areas of Colonial
America (including frontier VA and present WV) led to common intermarriages
between Scotch-'Irish' and English settlers.  While I would enjoy listing
important Scotch-Irish contributers and leaders of the American Revolution
and its further causes, responding to your incendiary and false commentary
is not worth the bother as it seems likely at this point that you would only
add more.

Neil McDonald