From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:00:15 -0500
I notice that the main thing that is angering the white members of
this group who see no point in apologizing is political correctness.
As I said, I agree. It has been over-done by people who seem to think
they are "holier than thou" and have the right to dictate what people
say and how they think, in order to fit THEIR ideas of what is or is
not proper. Screw that, I'm tired of having it crammed down my
throat, too. But really, look at it this way. If your responses are
all in response to political correctness, a visceral anger and
resentment, then political correctness is still directing your
thoughts and deeds. Just in a backward sort of way. Don't act based
on what is PC, and don't act based on a backlash to PC. As a
professor in Georgia once said about the folly of political extremes,
a window stuck shut is as useless as a window stuck open. In either
case, you've lost the use of the window.

my 2 cents

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone